A VISION FOR THE WELLAND BRETHREN IN CHRIST CHURCH
The Scriptures teach us the importance of being led by a vision. Proverbs 29:18 declares, “Where there is no vision, the people are unrestrained (run wild, out of control). But happy is he who keeps the law of God.” The New American Standard Version .Vision is interpreted as revelation, divine guidance, prophetic vision and a message from God. As we cast vision for the future we call out to God to show us His specific plans and purposes for the Welland BIC Church. We are also looking to BIC Canada for direction.
“Christ Centered – Family Focused”
Is a motto that captures our desire to be a growing church that serves families and reaches out to those who need a family.
Is to be a family friendly church where all generations are part of the disciple making mission to reach families for Christ and again those who need a family.
Joshua 24:15, Deuteronomy 6:7, Acts 11:14, Acts 16:31-33, and Acts 2:17,18.
To be an expanding collage (mosaic) of groups, services, programs, events and ministries all seeing lives transformed by Jesus Christ to serve others.
- Follow Jesus unashamedly.
- Grow in Christ likeness.
- Serve others joyfully and develop the creativity and potential in each individual.
- Go with a full gospel to all people in the community and across the globe.
- Offer biblical and inspiring worship, discipleship, evangelism and care ministries.
- Develop healthy, functional ministry teams and lines of communication.
- Select, develop and equip leaders for ministry.
- Foster a growing environment of small groups.
- Send workers for witness and service to the community and the world.
- Keep a healthy balance between caring for the physical property of the church and the spiritual body of believers.
- Help strengthen families, marriages, and singles.
Provide regular evaluation of our priorities, ministries, programs and future plans.
Renew annually our commitment to pursue the implementation and completion of our yearly goals.